
Sometimes photos express the moment better than words. I think this is one of those times from Emily's and my adventure taking Niyah and Trey ice skating at the University of Illinois.

Niyah wanted to hold hands most of the time. I held our clasped hands and raised them to my hip level in order to support her and keep my balance. I think she felt stable and I felt confident in my role. Eventually, she free skated in the middle of the rink inside a circle of orange cones. And then she let me twirl her around!


The photos from later that night of Niyah painting my fingernails red, Tort painting my toenails red and Niyah shaping my hair into a mohawk with hair putty while Trey did the same with Emily remain in the digital camera. It was Niyah's idea to "treat" us like this. I felt silly yet trusting. It's the type of intimacy that has developed in our four year relationship and that matters more to me than my pride.We hiked the next morning and Niyah, Trey and Tort found these geese prints on the pond.

I'm tired and sore from the activity, emotional energy and granting their wish that we all sleep in the same room. And my heart is full, which is exactly the way I like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment