I was delighted that Teddra allowed me and Emily to take two of the Jones' children with us out of town to Emily's parents' home overnight.
This was a first and another sign of the trust that has grown between us these past four years. Emily's three nephews -- Peter, Bobby and Jack -- joined us at her parent's. The children got along splendidly. Two of the Fetterer boys stayed overnight because they wanted more time with the other children.
The next day after swimming and fishing in a quarry altogether, Jack asked if he could come with Em and me and the Jones kids to Chinatown. We said yes, of course.

The trampolining and flipping happened at the Fetterer boys' home after we returned from Chinatown.
The whole experience reminded me of when I was a kid and my cousins would come over and we would play hard together and would always hope our parents would say "yes" to a spontaneous request for a sleep-over. It felt good to grant the kids' request for a sleep-over and trip to Chinatown knowing that I contributed to their happiness.
2 comments:
Looks like it was fun. Love the first photo.
It was. And I love the first photo, too. It is of Peter and Nyah. One of the kids asked Nyah why she likes Peter so much. She replied, "I love babies!"
Did you have times like these with other kids growing up?
Post a Comment