I am expecting to be in a new relationship with two girls from Lesotho. We may or may not meet one day.
One girl is named Mamello and the other is named Maleseli. Both live in communities severely affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic in Africa and are in satisfactory health.
I don't know much about them right now. Maleseli was born July 2, 2001 and is in primary school. She enjoys foreign language and soccer and helps at home by carrying water. Mamello was born June 15, 2004 and is currently not in school. She likes to play house and helps at home by sweeping the floors.
I was not looking for any new relationships or commitments when I drove to Bloomington, IL to see a concert with a friend. It was the Third Day Christmas Offerings concert. Third Day is a Christian rock band whose music brings me comfort and connection with God (love).
It was at the concert that I happened upon the World Vision table filled with photographs and brief bios of children in need of sponsors. I had the option of making a one time donation but decided to go with a monthly commitment that would establish a relationship between us. We will write letters to each other and a representative from World Vision will make sure Mamello and Maleseli receive my letters and any gifts I might send them. Eighty-seven percent of my monthly donation will go directly to the girls and their families.
I should receive more information from World Vision about Mamello and Maleseli in a month or so.
I am looking forward to my first letter from them and have already started writing my first letter to them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment