Friday, May 22, 2009

The Little Things

One way in which my behavior has changed since Ziggy's death is to spend more time appreciating LuLu, my remaining cat.

I love how energetic she is. She swats at strings and toys like a professional boxer and sometimes when she's so focused on catching the string or her own tail, she'll lose all perspective of where she is and fall off the coach or cat tower.

I appreciate that today someone at work put two bell pepper plants on the free table. I have them and will plant them at Emily's house.

I am glad that the feeling in the tip of my left index finger has returned after a week of healing from being smashed in the power window of the car. I missed the texture of the foam padding of my bike handle bars, the smoothness of the keys on my keyboard, and the softness of Emily's skin.

I am grateful for what I have.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

Lovely little post and cute video. I like her meows.