"No matter how confused, self-doubting or ambivalent we are about what's happening in our interactions with other people, we can never entirely silence the inner voice that always tells the truth. We may not like the sound of the truth, and we often let it murmur just outside our consciousness, not stopping long enough to listen.
"But when we pay attention to it, it leads us toward wisdom, health and clarity. That voice is the guardian of our integrity."
-- Susan Forward, Ph.D.
A prayer for integrity:
"God, help me value my time and life. Help me place value on how I feel around certain people. Guide me as I learn to develop healthy, intimate, sharing relationships with people. Help me give myself the freedom to experiment, explore, and learn who I am and who I can be in my relationships."
- Unknown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment